Oh geez, took me a lot of time to complete this cosplay xD Around 1 year and a half but I did not work on it on a current base, some month would pass without me doing anything xD I had moments were I felt I would not be able to complete it but I persevered and finally made it! And I'm really happy with the final result :D I tried to take enough pictures to show how I did everything, as I know I sometimes have difficulty to express myself, so I hope that with the two, it will give you a good idea on how I made this cosplay ^^
Wig is two Asteria in Rich Butterscotch Blond from Epic Cosplay Wigs sown together. The ears are the Large anime elf ears from Aradani costumes.
All smaller pieces of the crown are made from black worbla scraps rolled up and shaped to the right size. The central piece has a foam base that was sanded with a dremel and then covered with black worbla. The gem is made out of friendly plastic and painted with nail polish!
The earrings and all small jewel were made out of worbla crystal art to which I aded drops of paint while shaping them.. It was a new material when I made them, so my technique is not on point but they turned out okay!
All armor pieces were made with a foam base that were first drafted and tested for the fit. For some parts such as the pauldron's edges, the chestplate's edge and the hip armor, I used ticker foam the give it more depth. All details were made of worbla scraps except for the chestplate which were made of friendly plastic. Probably not the best choice since the chestplate is very heavy, I would probably do it differently if I ever had to remake it. I used a mix of black and regular worbla to cover everything as it was the first time I used black worbla. I would suggest to make the bigger pieces with the regular worbla since it the black tends to tear apart on big pieces. Finding a way to attach everything was a little tricky! I was okay for the pauldrons as I had done similar ones for TP Zelda, but I never made a chestplate, gauntlets and leg armor. For the chestplate, it goes all around my body and there is an opening in the back that closes with two velcros and since it is very heavy, I added invisible bra straps to it, so that it holds in place. For the gauntlets, since I just slide my arm in it, I have to put to pieces of foam, one in the front and one in the back so that it doesn't constantly slide around my arm. As for the leg armor, at first I wanted ti come with another solution but nothing worked, so in the end I just putted velcro on the side and that was it xD
For the corset I had to make a custom pattern, which means wrapping myself in tape and having my sister trace the shape xD It opens in the back with a zipper and I added boning to help it stay in place. For the shorts, I started with a pattern I had and altered it to make it higher. There is a velcro sown on it so that I can attach the cape-skirt thing to it. For the thighs, I needed to find a way to keep them from rolling down, so I simply fixed that problem by sewing them to a nude thigh! Very easy to do and they stay in place perfect;y!
Now for the cape-skirt thing, (don't know how to call it xD) I started drafting a pattern with a half skirt and modified the shape since it's shorter in the back. I gradient dyed the pink side first since there was a lot of work to do on it! All the golden design on it were hand painted with the Bright Gold Lumiere by Jacquard, which is an amazing paint, I lost count of the time but I'd say it took over 20 hours the paint every details. The purple inside was also gradient dyed and before sewing the two sides together, I sewed horse braid to the pink side to give some shape. The tabarn was also hand painted, I used the same paint as the skirt and regular acrylic paint for the rest. It is attached to my waist with a chain that goes underneath the corset, so it is unseen.
Award: Honorable Mention for craftmanship Otakuthon 2017
Craftmanship award (Bob Ross xD) G-anime 2018