This was not a pretty cosplay. But it was pretty rad.
To start, I built up the mold of the werewolf nose on a mannequin head using water-based clay, then using plaster of paris, created a negative mold out of that. I was focusing on the heavy brow line and the snarling, ridged nose. Then I made a homemade gelatin mix out of sorbitol, glycerin, and 300 bloom (powdered) gelatin, poured it in, burned my thumb in the process, let the gelatin sit over night to set good and hard. The prosthetics can melt in too much heat, so I kept them in the fridge, but they survived in my purse through the airport almost all day!
The application process consisted of sealing my real eyebrows and flattening them as much as possible, then using a theatrical grade adhesive to glue the prosthetic in place. That done, I tried to make the edges seamless with some witch hazel, which helped dissolve the gelatin where it was a bit too clunky. After that, I built up layers of Ben Nye make up to make it flesh toned and give it some shadows, applied the fake (human hair) eyebrows, and cut some mutton chops out of black hair extensions and applied them with spirit glue.
To top it off, I used upper and lower fangs by Scarecrow, red circle lenses, and some wicked claws that my friend actually contributed the day of, which turned out being one of my favorite parts and made for some sweet backlit pics.
Photography by Nathan Carter at avidchick.net