After months of work (I started Jan 15ish and finished April 27th), 220+ hours later, Anna is done.
I was so very glad to do Shuto Con as a test run: because of that I knew to fix the petticoat so that the skirt draped properly, instead of the slight bell curve I had.
None of these are the ‘pretty’ photos yet, since I got shoot with Solartempest, but I can’t resist showing how much of a DORK I am in this costume!
It’s an A-line box pleated skirt, with embroidered panels. A basic cotton for the inner panels, a cotton sateen for the gold panels, and a taffeta for the embroidered panels. All of the embroidery is done by hand. The skirt took 175 hours to construct (roughly), the bodice is steel boned rayon velvet over cotton coutil and took a good 30. I am wearing 2 petticoats and 2 slips over the petticoats to keep them in shape. The wig is an Arda Jennie, the necklace is made of sculpy.
The costume won 2 awards at Costume Con 32 - Best Novice Finishing in Worksmanship and Best Characterization for Performance. I am HELLA proud, because this is the first time I’ve competed since 2006.