Alright, this costume was the LITTERAL death of me for a few month/2015 con season;
I started back in March, when I started drafting the pants.
I tried to be the most on point possible (and I don't know if it'll show on pictures unless you zoom REEEAL close)
so I had EVERY. SINGLE. SEAMS. integrating when I patterned the pants. I am pretty sure that there are over 100 pieces to these pants, which have all been serged/overlocked.
Same thing for the haori inside, seams galore, especially for the sleeves that were I think 7 or 8 pieces alone for one side.
And the jacket...I basically did and redid it three times; first one being a failure due to the poor material choice for the white trim, I used another technique for the second one and the third (and good one) was finally good enough.
Also made the gauntlet and sword.