Design by NoFlutter
I made this INCREDIBLY fast. I started with the costume by taking the blue lining and creating a pattern over my dress form. From their I matched the measurements to my own, made a few adjustments and began sewing the sides to test the fit. Once the blue undershirt and skirt were fitted I proceeded with repeating the patterns on my white, 4 way stretch spandex/lycra blend.
With the white cut out I sewed the side seams, pinned it to the blue lining and tested the fit. Here is where I discovered that I would need to sew the top to the skirt to avoid rippling in the mid section. First I sewed the white to the blue then I placed both pieces on and pinned where the skirt best sat on my hips.
Before attaching the two pieces together I sewed on my bias tape details, drew on some future details with erasable fabric ink then pinned and sewed the top to the bottom. After another test fit I proceeded with adding the final bias details then I glued on some glass gems and used paint to add the small dots that surround the gems.
Next I measured for the silver straps, sewed them, attached them to the dress and tested the fit.
For the armor I took a single layer of Worbla and, using measurements from my arms, bust and shoulder, proceeded with drawing patterns onto the thermoplastic sheet. If you are inexperienced with making patterns cosplaytutorial.com and kamuicosplay.com have great examples of how to create armor patterns. I cut out my patterns after drawing them then used my heat gun to begin form the shapes. For the bust I split the armor in the center and did one side at a time with the assistance of my husband (you will need a second set of hands for this to help apply and keep pressure on the plastic). Once all forms were concrete I attached the bust sections using a center strip of Worbla and strengthened on the inside with more Worbla strips. I added little Wobrla strip details to the bottoms and tops of my armor pieces then took them outside for painting.
I applied one layer of plasti-dip, one layer of metallic silver paint, one layer of white paint and a final layer of holographic paint to get a good sheen/shimmer on the armor. Finally, I used acrylic paint to add the blue details, glued on the final glass gems and took the armor outside for a shiny coat of lacquer spray.
For attachments I used: elastic on the arms glued to the underside of the bracers, velcro glued to the back of the breast plate with it's pair glued to the dress and velcro on the shoulder along with a blue strap for stability. The large gem was cast using floral resin and it acquired its color with nail polish added to the back.
The choker and arm band were made using metallic fabric and velcro. I made this entire costume in about 18 hours. There are some things on it I need to repair (travel damaged some of the paint) but I am overall pleased with the result of this rush job. I do intend to make leg armor and proper shoes for her in the future.