Super Sailor Mercury
I used Zan's sailor fuku pattern as a base, but altered it significantly to move seamlines and make it fit better. The hiproll and sleeves are made from 1/2" project foam, with the sheer part being vinyl wrapped in organza. For the bows, I used Sparkle Pipsi's patterns, but sized down the chest bow and moved the seams to the center instead of the sides. I drafted my own pattern for the butt bow tails. They are lightly pressed and hand tacked to keep the shape. I cast the brooch from EpoxAcast 690 and backed it with glitter scrap book paper for extra pizzazz! The tiara and choker star are both cast from Smoothcast 325 clear with goldfinger powder. My husband made the original tiara out of steel and cast it - it looks very manga style! For the glove rolls, I used Envel's method with piping filler for the channels, and hand sewed them to opera-length gloves from Zaza Bridal. My boots are Funtasma gogo boots that I painted and modified.