Violet Chachki was such a strange costume to make since I had so many self-doubts over the course of making it. This was also my first time making full gloves, a bodysuit, hat, and applying drag makeup as well as open chest binding in public. It was definitely a different challenge, and I learned a lot from this costume.
~ Judge's Award - A-Kon 2016 Hall Cosplay Contest
Costume was constructed on and off over the course of three weeks.
- Hat features a regular baseball cap with the bill covered, and the top is covered with a second hat that I made to get that equestrian hat/dome shape.
- Jumpsuit was made using a modified McCall's costume bodysuit pattern. It is fully lined, and the sleeves are double lined with black lining and sequin dot fabric.
- Gloves are made using a Vogue glove pattern extended to opera length.
- Ponytail is a jumbo braid from Arda Wigs that I thinned out, layered, and used hot water to curl.
- Over 300 rhinestones were glued onto everything.
- Open chest binding was done with sports tape, double sided fashion tape, and a lot of faith.
- Makeup was applied over 3 hours using drag makeup techniques and a lot of prayers.
- Shoes and earrings were bought.